Friday, August 12, 2016

Baby Owen (Ellijay family photographer)

My littlest baby, is no longer a baby.  We filled out the forms, and signed the documents, paid the fees and are sending him to pre-k.  It's a little heart breaking.  Actually, it's soul crushing.  those tiny little hands that I held 4 years ago are much bigger now.  They play with legos and color pages.  The tiny fingers hold big boy cups and utensils.  He sleeps in a big bed and no longer by my side. (well, ok, maybe sometimes he snuggles)  The same deep blue eyes still look at me though.  They cry out for mommy when he's scared or needs more juice.  They smile and say 'you're my mommy.'  This little boy's umbilical cord will never be fully cut, and I'm ok with that, except it's about to be stretched REALLY far three times a week.  Four hours at a time. Five and a half miles away.

But not today.  Today isn't his first day yet, and we are soaking up our last days with just the two of us at home.  We watch shows snuggled on the couch, and share bags of chips.  We go to Chik fil A and slide and play.  He drinks my coffee drinks from Starbucks and begs for milkshakes.  We also explore the downtown area of our new home, and look at all of the old antiques and he begs me for just one more toy car.  So today I documented our walk.  This hammy little boy is a mess, but he's my mess.  He's one part his daddy, one part his mommy, and one million parts boy.  Happy (early) 4th Birthday my Owen-a.  My beebee.  My creek monkey.















No comments:

Post a Comment