Wednesday, January 22, 2014

eyelashes. what a strange post right?

I know a lot of you just read that title and thought, really?  what?
But seriously.  EYELASHES.
I'm a member of EAA.  Eyelash Addicts Anonymous.  I love photographing them.

They are whispy.
They are innocent.
They are strong.
They are tiny
They are bold.
They are fragile.

I find myself searching out ways to pose people so I can hold very still and allow my lens to focus on the tiniest little brush of lash above the eyes.  It doesn't always work.  But that sometimes makes it better.
When our eyes are closed we can dream.  We can stop over-thinking our smile, or our hair-do, and we can just be in the moment.  Breathe in the new baby smell.  Calm down.  Enjoy the warm sun on our cheek. Embrace our partners and exhale. Feel free.
So yes.  I'm addicted to photographing eyelashes.  In the words of a wise full grown man ELF, 'I'm in love and I don't care who knows it!'



No comments:

Post a Comment